Effective: 18 May, 2018
In this policy, "we", "us", "our" and “Loco2” refer to the company Loco2 Ltd.
References to “you”, “your” or “user”, refers to private individuals or professionals who use our Service.
“App(s)” and “Application(s)” refer to our mobile applications for iOS (iPhone or iPad) and Android.
“Operators” refers to several rail and road operators. We sell tickets on their behalf to provide our Service.
Information About Us
The Loco2 Site and Apps are owned and operated by Loco2 Limited.
We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 5822368. We have our registered office at Loco2 Limited, c/o Brachers, Somerfield House, London Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8JH.
Our VAT number is GB110 0051 10.
You can contact our customer support team via the following link https://loco2.com/contact.
Accessing Our Site
Access to our Services is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Site and Apps without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Service to users who have registered with us.
When using our Services, you must comply with the provisions of our Website Acceptable Use Policy.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Services. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Services through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, the Services are not intended for and should not be used by anyone under the age of sixteen. By using our Service, you represent that you are over the legal age and are the intended recipient of the Services.
If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with Personal Data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Reliance On Information Posted
Content appearing on our Site and Apps, or in any email or other forms of communication instigated via contact with us, are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We, therefore, disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Site or App user, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Service Changes Regularly
We aim to update our Site and Apps regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Service, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Site and Apps may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our Site and Apps, or in any email or other forms of communication with Loco2, is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Services or in connection with the use, or inability to use, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial losses that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Transactions Concluded Through Our Service
Contracts for the supply of goods, services and information formed through our Service or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our Booking Terms and Conditions.
Viruses, Hacking And Other Offences
You must not misuse our Site and Apps by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site and Apps, the server on which our Services are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Services. You must not attack our Site and Apps via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Services will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site and Apps or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking To Loco2
You may link to any page of our Site, or take advantage of our affiliate linking scheme but you must represent our Services fairly and accurately. We reserve the right to contact you and remove permission to link to Loco2 if we feel that you are misrepresenting our Services or content.
Links From Our Site
Where our Site and Apps contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction And Applicable Law
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to, a visit to our Site and Apps although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Loco2 is a UK registered trademark of Loco2 Ltd.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Site or Apps, please contact us.
Website Acceptable Use Policy
You may use our Site and Apps only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Service:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site and Apps;
- any equipment or cloud-network on which our Services are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Service; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive tools within our Site and Apps, including, without limitation:
- Message boards (forums).
- Live chat customer support.
Where we do provide any interactive tools, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive tools provided as part of our Service, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site and Apps, and to any interactive tools contained within them.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension And Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our Service. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Service.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site and Apps.
- Issue a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes To The Website Acceptable Use Policy