Fastest journey1hr 5m
Travelling from Stockton-on-Tees to Newcastle upon Tyne by train
The fastest trains from Stockton-on-Tees to Newcastle upon Tyne take around 1 hour and 5 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 48 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Stockton-on-Tees and Newcastle upon Tyne.
Direct trains run between Stockton-on-Tees and Newcastle upon Tyne.
We usually find around 18 direct trains on the route from Stockton-on-Tees to Newcastle upon Tyne every weekday.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 19 departures. The duration is normally about 1 hour and 5 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Newcastle upon Tyne is usually scheduled to depart Stockton-on-Tees around 07:06 and the last train is around 21:21. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Stockton-on-Tees around 07:06, and the last at 20:58.
When to book Stockton-on-Tees to Newcastle upon Tyne train tickets?
The cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Stockton-on-Tees to Newcastle upon Tyne are £10.50, and there isn't much difference in price depending on when you book.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £10, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Stockton-on-Tees to Newcastle upon Tyne by train.
Which trains operate between Stockton-on-Tees and Newcastle upon Tyne?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Stockton-on-Tees to Newcastle upon Tyne, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Northern Rail
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Newcastle View all journeys to Newcastle upon Tyne
- From High Wycombe from £63.00
- From Chesterfield from £38.80
- From Salisbury from £74.00
- From Milton Keynes Central from £67.00
- From Winchester from £69.50
- From Bristol from £63.50
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains