Loco2 is an online booking service for train travel throughout the UK and Europe. Our mission is to make booking trains anywhere in Europe as easy and affordable as possible, from epic international adventures to everyday local commutes.
We’ve been selling tickets since 2012 (read our full story here) and having reached market leader status, we recently became part of the Voyages-sncf group. We remain operationally independent but this partnership has given us the resources to get to the next stage of our journey.
We're a close-knit, passionate and cosmopolitan team and care deeply about building an inclusive, open and supportive work environment. We have a flexible location-agnostic approach to hiring, which means we hire the best person for the job, regardless of geography. Our team is spread across eight countries and we’re growing fast!
Our success is built on trust, empathy and shared knowledge, with both customers and colleagues at the centre of what we do. We’re proud to have a 9.3 out of 10 rating on Trustpilot after 30,000 user reviews, and a 4.9 star rating on Glassdoor!
- We have a bright, modern office in central London, where this role is based.
- Our team enjoys a healthy work-life balance and don’t think caffeine-fuelled all-nighters are a good way to grow a company that’s built to last.
- Generous leave allowance including extra time off for train-based holidays!
- Team activities such as lunch in the park, annual retreats and monthly Lunch & Learns.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
About the role
This is a full-time role, based in our office in Old Street, London. Your primary responsibility will be to track and analyse Loco2’s marketing efforts by combining creative thinking with robust metrics. You will evaluate the performance of Loco2’s website, mobile site, apps, and the health of the business as a whole, in order to provide actionable insights and recommendations to our team.
This will include implementing and maintaining the analytical toolset; defining and monitoring KPIs; designing and implementing on-going site optimization testing and tuning; generating reports and suggesting actions; and driving the scaling of marketing performance.
Some immediate areas of focus for your role will include:
- Develop reports and analysis to enable the Performance Marketing Manager to be more efficient in their work
- Analyse campaigns performance
- Create CLTV (customer lifetime value) dashboards
- Identify opportunities for further performance marketing exploitation
- Work with product and marketing team to optimize marketing efforts across all channels (SEO, paid search, display, affiliates, paid social, newsletter, etc.)
- Conversion funnel tracking by marketing channel, customer segment, supply type, geography and other dimensions
- Identifying conversion improvement opportunities
- Track and report back on key KPIs (Conversion/Traffic/Customer experience)
- Facilitating device optimisation analysis and tests using various tools (Google Analytics/multivariate tests, session tracking)
- Perform ROI analysis to support product strategy and prioritise product pipeline
- Create statics on user behaviours and trends to be used for PR campaigns
You will also have other duties and responsibilities such as:
- Analyze data sets and present useful information
- Utilize predictive statistical models
- Extrapolate market trends and patterns from data analysis and suggests opportunities
- Collect market information through a variety of sources
- Conduct competition research
- Deliver regular reports on our findings and suggested actions
- Manage all the data and tracking platforms: Google Anaytics, Mixpanel, AppsFlyer, Tableau
- Bachelor’s degree in market research, business, communications or related field
- Experience as analyst and knowledge of current markets
- Proficient using Microsoft Suite (Excel)
- Experience using statistical analysis software and database communicators (SAS, SPSS, SQL etc.)
- Familiarity with Play Store and Google Store analytics
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and analytical processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with strong business acquity
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Must be a confident team player who enjoys collaboration
- Find Loco2's mission motivating and are enthusiastic about contributing to our company culture.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience to email@example.com. There are some specific questions we'd like you to answer in your cover letter:
- What are some of the most challenging/interesting data analysis tasks you have worked on?
- Why do you want to work for Loco2?
- What are your approximate salary expectations?
We welcome applications from everybody, regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.
We can currently only accept applications from applicants with an existing right to work in the UK.