We’re looking for a junior copywriter to join our London based marketing team to contribute to a rapidly growing portfolio of content.
This is a full-time position, working office hours, usually from 09.00 - 17.30 and based in our London office. We offer a generous holiday allowance.
You’ll be working within the marketing team alongside the Editor-in-chief, Marketing Designer and VP Marketing. Copywriting responsibilities to include writing about regular train promotions, newsletters, blog content, implementing SEO recommendations, social media posts, proofreading and liaising with our Paris and NY offices about content requirements.
Most of the job will be writing quick, easy to understand copy for train promotions, although there will be opportunities to create more inspirational content depending on experience.
Candidate Essential Skills & Experience
- You will likely be a recent graduate in English, journalism or marketing with an interest in content creation and brand development.
- Basic knowledge of HTML (for editing blog posts etc).
- Prior experience in writing for SEO, including keyword research and insertion.
- Familiarity with MailChimp or another equivalent newsletter platform is a plus.
- Knowledge of using data insights to judge the success of your campaigns. Experience of Google Analytics is useful.
The Ideal Candidate
- Interest in and experience of train travel.
- Attention to detail being pedantic about spelling and grammar.
- Willingness to learn - if you are a quick thinker, and can turn work around speedily, there is room to learn a lot in a fast-growing tech environment, which has the joys of train travel at its core.
- Team player - we are a tight-knit team here in London, but also in Paris and NY.
What you will get
In return for everything you will bring, we offer an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career advancement opportunities in the UK and across our parent company Oui-Sncf, as well as a competitive salary.
- Broaden your skills in creative projects and brand shaping.
- Gain experience in planning campaigns and brand experiences for the group.
- Work with different departments.
- Develop your understanding of creative trends across Europe.
How to apply
If you think you have everything we are looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you.
Email email@example.com including your CV and links to your blog or online published work if applicable.
Some questions we'd like you to answer in your email:
- Why do you want to work for Loco2?
- What makes you confident you could take on this role?
If you have your own blog or already write for a publication, please share some examples of your writing.
Early in the recruiting process we’ll ask you to complete a challenge related to the job description.
We welcome applications from everybody, regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.
Unfortunately, we can currently only accept applications from candidates who already have a visa to work in the UK.