Loco2's mission is to make booking trains anywhere in Europe as easy and affordable as possible, from epic international adventures to everyday local commutes. Our booking coverage is unrivalled and growing.
We're a small team of committed individuals, dedicated to building excellent technology. Our users are at the centre of what we do, and we're proud to have an average rating of 9.3 out of 10 on Trustpilot.
We’ve been selling tickets since 2012 (read our full story here), and we’re growing rapidly as the business matures. Our goal is to scale effectively whilst continuing to delight our users. We have an office in London, where this role is based to enable close working with the VP of Marketing and the rest of the team.
We’ve recently become part of the Voyages-sncf group, giving us the resources to get to the next stage of our journey. We’re very proud of where we’ve got to so far, and there’s always a new challenge on the horizon. Loco2 is full of friendly folk, which makes it a great place to work. We have a vibrant team of inspiring people from across the globe who work together, towards our shared vision. We're driven to delight our users, and we relish in achieving impressive results with a small but growing team, whilst enjoying our lives outside of work too.
As a Digital Marketing Designer at Loco2, you will apply your skills and vision to create graphic content for display advertising, paid social media and video campaigns, newsletters and emails, splash pages and other promotional creative that achieve marketing objectives whilst ensuring brand consistency. Working with the Heads of Marketing and Design, you will play an essential role in the planning and design of creative solutions to new marketing challenges and opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Creating sketches and prototypes of graphic ideas and demonstrate your process
- Analysing and finding usable insight through testing different copy and creative options to maximise ads performance
- Working with the Head of UX & Design to ensure consistency in brand language and design, as well as customer experience across all media
- Collaborating with the Head of Marketing and other senior colleagues to plan, conceptualise and effectively launch marketing campaigns
- Designing email marketing templates for B2C and B2B audiences
- Providing design input and creative to support blog posts and newsletters, and onsite sales and promotional activity
- Creating marketing assets for social media and digital advertising
- Producing physical marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, banners, brochures, etc.
- Creating data-driven visual campaigns e.g. infographics and research papers for PR campaigns
- Contributing ideas for new product launches and campaigns
- Staying ahead of digital trends and sharing new ideas to enhance the website, the app and all the other marketing channels used to promote the brand
- Using your creativity and market analysis to understand marketing insights and suggest solutions to improve the marketing performance
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or similar software
- Email marketing systems (Mailchimp, CampaignMonitor, Sendgrid etc)
- Trello, Wikis, Slack, and other common product management tools.
- Basic HTML/CSS skills (e.g. email/markup styling for blogs/website)
- You have a portfolio of work of at least 1 year in a commercial creative environment.
- Experience in using graphic design best practices to create solutions and a good understanding of print bleeds and colour interpretation for mixed-media
- You have good written and verbal communication skills, and will be inherently motivated to work collaboratively, both in person and remotely, using various software applications (Google Drive, Slack, Trello, Basecamp, etc), and are capable of working towards a common vision
- You are relentlessly attentive to detail and take the quality of your work seriously
- You can understand complex marketing challenges and can suggest improvements using sketches and/or fast mockups to demonstrate your ideas
- You learn quickly and independently, and you’re not afraid to ask for help when needed
- You have a drive to innovate and create the simplest creative solutions to complex marketing challenges
- You're available during office hours, Monday to Friday with an allowance for lunch
- You’re passionate about trains and travel, or can at least convincingly pretend that you are…
- You are fluent in English and confident communicating complex marketing ideas and challenges
- You’re pleasant and enjoyable to work with (so are we). Yes this kind of stuff really matters!
- Bonus: you have an active interest in photography and video and you are able to produce good quality short videos to support marketing campaigns.
How to apply
Email email@example.com and tell us about your skills and experience (please share your portfolio). You can send a CV if you want, but we do particularly like reading a well-written email instead/as well.
There are some specific questions we'd like you to answer:
- What are the most challenging/interesting graphic design tasks you have worked on?
- What makes you particularly suited for this role?
- Why do you want to work for Loco2?
- What are your approximate salary expectations? (please state currency)
We welcome applications from everybody, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. To try to make the hiring process as fair as possible, if we are interested in your application then you may be asked to complete a short marketing challenge which is judged anonymously. Our emphasis is on finding somebody with demonstrable skills rather than somebody who is good at self-marketing. This process helps us focus on that.
Please note that we do not respond to approaches from recruitment agencies, and emails will be marked as spam.