Loco2 is an online booking service for train travel throughout the UK and Europe. Our mission is to make booking trains anywhere in Europe as easy and affordable as possible, from epic international adventures to everyday local commutes.
We’ve been selling tickets since 2012 (read our full story here) and recently became part of the Oui-SNCF group. We remain operationally independent but this partnership has given us the resources to get to the next stage of our journey.
We're a close-knit, passionate and cosmopolitan team and care deeply about building an inclusive, open and supportive work environment. Our team is spread across eight countries and we’re growing fast!
Our success is built on trust, empathy and shared knowledge, with both customers and colleagues at the centre of what we do. We’re proud to have a 9.3 out of 10 rating on Trustpilot after 30,000 user reviews, and a 4.9 star rating on Glassdoor.
- We have a bright, modern office in central London, where this role is based.
- Our team enjoys a healthy work-life balance and don’t think caffeine-fuelled all-nighters are a good way to grow a company that’s built to last.
- Generous leave allowance including extra time off for train-based holidays!
- Team activities such as lunch in the park, annual retreats and monthly Lunch & Learns.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
About the role
We’re looking for a business development/carrier management executive with 3/4 years experience to join our business development team. This is a full-time role, based in our office in London (Old-Street). We need an excellent communicator, with good business acumen and analytical skills.
As well as working closely with our different partners (rail and bus operators), you’ll also be working closely with colleagues in product management and marketing.
Manage and develop relationships with major market players in the rail and bus industries in Europe:
- Manage and develop our existing relationships with rail and bus partners on a day to day basis.
- Track and report on key business metrics; organise regular performance review meetings with our partners.
- Develop the business by presenting and negotiating innovative commercial campaigns with our partners.
- Research and analyse market trends and competitors’ offerings on a regular basis to build business intelligence and support business growth.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities by proposing new partners.
We are open-minded about the specific experience we require of candidates, but it would be ideal if you have some previous experience in the travel industry (especially in the rail industry). You will also be comfortable with much of the following:
- Excellent communication skills and a great team player
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills
- Experience using communication tools like Trello, Basecamp, Github, Slack
- Experience using analytical and business intelligence tools such as Tableau and MixPanel
- Fluency in another European language would be hugely beneficial
- Finding Loco 2's mission motivating and being enthusiastic about contributing to our company culture
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are some specific questions we'd like you to answer in your cover letter:
- Why you’re interested in joining us?
- The relevant experience you’ve had that makes you a great candidate for the role
- Your salary expectations?
- Where are you currently located?
We welcome applications from everybody, regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.
We can currently only accept applications from applicants with an existing right to work in the UK.