Unlock the expertise of our travel geeks with new country guides for Europe's top rail destinations.
Today we're launching brand new guides to travelling by train in Europe, with lots of features to help you make the most of Loco2 and plan your next trip...
- Detailed overview of our specialist countries - France, Spain, Italy, Germany and the UK
- New help articles explaining fare types, cheap tickets and special offers
- Great new rail maps, created in association with the European Rail Timetable
- An intro to travelling by train in each country for first-time travellers
- Plenty of opportunities to browse trains and destinations to inspire your next journey
We're most excited about the rail maps since the printed European Rail Timetable (formerly Thomas Cook) inspired many of our first train journeys in Europe.
John Potter of European Rail Timetable said, "The European Rail Timetable dates back to 1873 and generations of travellers have come to rely on the monthly timetable with its dependable maps. It's now a real pleasure to share some of our country maps with Loco2."
We are delighted to publish the rail maps as part of our new guides. And by bringing the routes to life, we hope to encourage more people to explore Europe by rail. We're sure you'll find them useful!
Image credits: Vintage Compass on Wooden Table with Folding Maps © Serggn / iStock; Country images credited on corresponding pages.
Train stations then and now
We look at some of Europe's finest train stations, and see how they've changed over the years.
Hit the beach by train
We give the budget airlines a run for their money. Check out our pick of beach holidays in Europe, every one easy to reach by train!