Booking opens for winter trains in France are now open
It's an opportunity to buy cheap French tickets for Christmas, New Year and the ski season. Tickets are on sale for travel from 9 December 2018 to 7 January 2019. Book ASAP to get the cheapest fares.
A quick guide to winter trains in France
- Sales opened on Thursday 11 October 2018 in the very early morning.
- Tickets are released for all trains within France including high-speed TGV, InterCity and seasonal services.
- International services to/from France open at the same time: TGV Lyria (France-Switzerland), TGV France-Italy, TGV Alleo (France-Germany). *Renfe-SNCF (France-Spain) is already open.
- Tickets can be booked for travel from 09 December 2018 - 07 January 2019.
- A second batch of tickets come on sale on 06 November for travel until March 2019.
Some tips for winter rail in France and beyond
- Travel from Paris to Lyon, in under 2 hours, and you’ll find a fantastic city to explore on a winter’s day. As a UNESCO World Heritage site, the old town retains its well-kept medieval features - cobbled streets and all. Lyon’s charms are given an extra romantic spark thanks to winter’s frosty romantic lens.
- Head from Paris to Bordeaux in a touch over 2 hours thanks to a new high-speed connection. Wine lovers will find themselves in a French paradise as the city makes for a wonderful base for exploring local vineyards.
- Geneva is very close to the French border and within striking distance of some breathtaking Alpine scenery. Fine food, boat trips on the lake and some of Europe’s classiest shopping combine to give the city five-star appeal. Under 3 hours from Paris.
- Turin, 5 hours 30 mins from Paris, is truly magical in winter. Overlooked by the snow-capped Alps, the city is full of incredible architecture, exquisite cafes and fascinating museums. During winter, Luci d'Artista, is an event dedicated to the city’s burgeoning contemporary art scene that runs from 31 October 2018 to 13 January 2019.