Travelling from York to Grantham by train
The fastest trains from York to Grantham take around 48 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 121 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between York and Grantham.
Direct trains run between York and Grantham.
We usually find around 9 direct trains on the route from York to Grantham every weekday.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 18 departures. The duration is normally about 48 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Grantham is usually scheduled to depart York around 06:00 and the last train is around 22:20. At weekends the first train of the day leaves York around 08:30, and the last at 21:46.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book York to Grantham train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from York to Grantham are £13.30.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £13 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £16. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from York to Grantham by train.
Which trains operate between York and Grantham?
East Coast is the rail operator that operates on the route from York to Grantham.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains