Fastest journey5hr 9m
Travelling from York to Aberdeen by train
The fastest trains from York to Aberdeen take around 5 hours and 9 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 360 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between York and Aberdeen.
Direct trains run between York and Aberdeen.
We usually find around 5 direct trains on the route from York to Aberdeen every weekday.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 8 departures. The duration is normally about 5 hours and 9 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Aberdeen is usually scheduled to depart York around 07:37 and the last train is around 17:54. At weekends the first train of the day leaves York around 06:34, and the last at 15:55.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book York to Aberdeen train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from York to Aberdeen are £20.50.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £43 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £77. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from York to Aberdeen by train.
Which trains operate between York and Aberdeen?
More than one type of train operates on the route from York to Aberdeen, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- East Coast
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Aberdeen View all journeys to Aberdeen
- From Stafford from £32.50
- From Manchester from £19.50
- From Milton Keynes Central from £63.00
- From Birmingham from £31.00
- From Leeds from £20.50
- From Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) from £5.00
- From Sheffield from £64.10
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains