Travelling from Wigan to Bolton by train
The fastest trains from Wigan to Bolton take around 14 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 14 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Wigan and Bolton.
Direct trains run between Wigan and Bolton.
We usually find around 46 direct trains on the route from Wigan to Bolton every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 37 departures. The duration is normally about 14 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Bolton is usually scheduled to depart Wigan around 06:30 and the last train is around 22:55. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Wigan around 07:53, and the last at 21:55.
When to book Wigan to Bolton train tickets?
The cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Wigan to Bolton are £4.20, and there isn't much difference in price depending on when you book.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £4, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Wigan to Bolton by train.
Which trains operate between Wigan and Bolton?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Wigan to Bolton, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Northern Rail
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Bolton View all journeys to Bolton
- From Swindon (Wilts) from £34.50
- From Preston (Lancs) from £10.10
- From Coventry from £19.20
- From Blackburn from £6.10
- From Manchester from £4.40
- From London from £24.00
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains