Fastest journey8hr 47m
Travelling from Vienna to Berlin by train
The fastest trains from Vienna to Berlin take around 8 hours and 47 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 524 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Vienna and Berlin.
Journeys between Vienna and Berlin usually involve one change of train.
We usually find around 13 departures on the route from Vienna to Berlin every weekday that leave enough time to change trains without waiting around for longer than necessary.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 14 departures. The duration is normally about 8 hours and 47 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest train to Berlin is usually scheduled to depart Vienna around 05:30 and the last train is around 16:50. This is the same at the weekend.
When to book Vienna to Berlin train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Vienna to Berlin are £36.50.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £55 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £74. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 6 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Vienna to Berlin by train.
Which trains operate between Vienna and Berlin?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Vienna to Berlin, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Eurocity (EC)
- Intercity-Express (ICE)
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Berlin View all journeys to Berlin
- From Jena Paradies from £18.50
- From Dessau Hbf from £18.50
- From Kehl from £28.00
- From Fredericia st from £37.00
Image credits: © Michal Bednarek
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains