You can buy UK train tickets on Loco2 as well as international trains, and all without booking fees! Via a connection to ATOC, you'll find train tickets for all national rail services in England, Wales and Scotland at the same price as on other better-known sites. The UK rail network is vast with a broad range of services from high-speed tilting Pendolinos and the iconic HST intercity trains used by First Great Western to slower scenic trains, reaching to the furthest corners of Britain.
- Book UK train tickets for every national rail service including all major operators such as Virgin Trains and First Great Western.
- No booking fees on UK rail (or any other tickets!) means Loco2 is cheaper than our popular rivals in Britain.
- International services include RailSail to Ireland and Eurostar to France or Belgium.
- Collect-at-station tickets available for every train, with easy guide to collecting UK train tickets.
- Special CIV tickets offer extra protection and benefits for international train travellers.
- Advance tickets offer discounts of up to 80% for bookings made up to the day before travel. Find more special offers and cheap train tickets in the UK.
- Get realtime data for UK journeys on our mobile apps.
- Chose to pay in Euros or GBP according to your preference.
UK rail map (click to expand)
Image credits: map © 2017-2018 European Rail Timetable Ltd
Train travel in Britain has greatly increased over the last decade with new routes and more frequent services tempting travellers back to the train in huge numbers. What was once British Rail is now managed by over two dozen rail operating companies, all of which have their own distinctive identities and procedures. It may be a bit confusing for anybody not familiar with the rail network! But, thankfully, integrated ticketing and timetabling means it's possible to make seamless changes between the trains of different rail operators.
Eurostar provides a key link between England and the continent, not only to Paris and Brussels but several other destinations, too. Direct trains now depart from London to Lyon, Marseille and Avignon. Loco2 sells tickets within the UK that connect to these international trains, but also has tickets for journeys within Britain too, crucially without any booking fees.
You can also buy tickets for the occasional boat, thanks to Rail-Sail tickets that combine the train with an onward ferry. These are available for some journeys between Britain and Ireland.
Train travel in Britain can be expensive if you want to make long-distance journeys without booking in advance. But early birds are rewarded by cheap tickets (called Advance fares) which offer huge discounts on the walk-up fare. There's also a fine range of railcards that may help to save you money
In England the main rail routes radiate out from London, with easy links to Brighton, Bristol, Manchester and many more cities. But there are also excellent cross-country links, so don’t assume that a journey between two provincial cities necessarily means a long detour via London. Allow time for exploring rural routes to discover some of Europe’s finest rail journeys. Some of the best are in the Scottish Highlands, the Welsh borders and in south-west England.