Fastest journey3hr 53m
Travelling from Taormina to Palermo by train
The fastest trains from Taormina to Palermo take around 3 hours and 53 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 171 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Taormina and Palermo.
Journeys between Taormina and Palermo usually involve one change of train.
We usually find around 22 departures on the route from Taormina to Palermo every weekday that leave enough time to change trains without waiting around for longer than necessary.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 12 departures. The duration is normally about 3 hours and 53 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest train to Palermo is usually scheduled to depart Taormina around 05:52 and the last train is around 19:19. This is the same at the weekend.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Taormina to Palermo train tickets?
Trains in Italy usually open for booking around 4 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Taormina to Palermo by train.
Which trains operate between Taormina and Palermo?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Taormina to Palermo, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Regionale Veloce
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Palermo Centrale View all journeys to Palermo
- From Bologna Centrale from £46.60
- From S. Agata di Militello from £8.00
- From Patti-S. Piero Patti from £9.30
- From Caltanissetta Xirbi from £8.00
- From Cefalù from £5.20
- From Milazzo from £9.20
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains