Fastest journey2hr 58m
Travelling from Tamworth to Newcastle upon Tyne by train
The fastest trains from Tamworth to Newcastle upon Tyne take around 2 hours and 58 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 259 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Tamworth and Newcastle upon Tyne.
Direct trains run between Tamworth and Newcastle upon Tyne.
We usually find around 9 direct trains on the route from Tamworth to Newcastle upon Tyne every weekday.
Trains usually run with a similar frequency on weekends. The duration is normally about 2 hours and 58 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Newcastle upon Tyne is usually scheduled to depart Tamworth around 07:19 and the last train is around 18:19. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Tamworth around 06:13, and the last at 19:46.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Tamworth to Newcastle upon Tyne train tickets?
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Tamworth to Newcastle upon Tyne by train.
Which trains operate between Tamworth and Newcastle upon Tyne?
CrossCountry is the rail operator that operates on the route from Tamworth to Newcastle upon Tyne.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Newcastle View all journeys to Newcastle upon Tyne
- From Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) from £10.20
- From Cambridge from £24.70
- From High Wycombe from £63.00
- From Manchester from £19.50
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains