Fastest journey1hr 16m
Travelling from Strasbourg to Basel by train
The fastest trains from Strasbourg to Basel take around 1 hour and 16 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 116 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Strasbourg and Basel.
Direct trains run between Strasbourg and Basel.
We usually find around 26 direct trains on the route from Strasbourg to Basel every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 25 departures. The duration is normally about 1 hour and 16 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Basel is usually scheduled to depart Strasbourg around 05:18 and the last train is around 21:21. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Strasbourg around 06:50, and the last at 21:21.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Strasbourg to Basel train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Strasbourg to Basel are £17.00.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £34 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £21. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 7 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Strasbourg to Basel by train.
Which trains operate between Strasbourg and Basel?
Train Express Regional is the rail operator that operates on the route from Strasbourg to Basel.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Basel View all journeys to Basel
- From Düsseldorf from £37.00
- From Nuremberg Hbf from £37.00
- From Innsbruck Hbf from £68.00
- From Lausanne from £63.50
- From Baden-Baden from £13.50
- From Geneva from £70.00
- From Barcelona Sants from £110.00
- From Chur from £57.50
- From Olten from £14.00
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains