Travelling from Stoke-on-Trent to Stafford by train
The fastest trains from Stoke-on-Trent to Stafford take around 15 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 23 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford.
Direct trains run between Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford.
We usually find around 37 direct trains on the route from Stoke-on-Trent to Stafford every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 36 departures. The duration is normally about 15 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Stafford is usually scheduled to depart Stoke-on-Trent around 06:07 and the last train is around 21:07. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Stoke-on-Trent around 06:08, and the last at 21:44.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Stoke-on-Trent to Stafford train tickets?
The cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Stoke-on-Trent to Stafford are £5.60, and there isn't much difference in price depending on when you book.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £5, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Stoke-on-Trent to Stafford by train.
Which trains operate between Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Stoke-on-Trent to Stafford, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- London Midland
- Virgin Trains
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Stafford View all journeys to Stafford
- From Newcastle from £96.20
- From Exeter St David's from £40.30
- From Crewe from £4.50
- From Taunton from £33.80
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains