Fastest journey1hr 14m
Travelling from Southampton to Oxford by train
The fastest trains from Southampton to Oxford take around 1 hour and 14 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 95 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Southampton and Oxford.
Direct trains run between Southampton and Oxford.
We usually find around 22 direct trains on the route from Southampton to Oxford every weekday.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 25 departures. The duration is normally about 1 hour and 14 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Oxford is usually scheduled to depart Southampton around 05:15 and the last train is around 20:17. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Southampton around 05:09, and the last at 20:20.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Southampton to Oxford train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Southampton to Oxford are £12.30.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £12 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £18. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Southampton to Oxford by train.
Which trains operate between Southampton and Oxford?
CrossCountry is the rail operator that operates on the route from Southampton to Oxford.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Oxford View all journeys to Oxford
- From Newport (South Wales) from £19.00
- From Charlbury from £6.50
- From Basingstoke from £4.40
- From Birmingham International Airport from £11.80
- From Gloucester from £22.50
- From Newcastle from £58.20
- From Maidenhead from £16.20
- From Torquay from £48.50
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains