Fastest journey4hr 29m
Travelling from Scarborough to Glasgow by train
The fastest trains from Scarborough to Glasgow take around 4 hours and 29 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 301 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Scarborough and Glasgow.
Journeys between Scarborough and Glasgow usually involve one change of train.
We usually find around 15 departures on the route from Scarborough to Glasgow every weekday that leave enough time to change trains without waiting around for longer than necessary.
Trains usually run with a similar frequency on weekends. The duration is normally about 4 hours and 29 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest train to Glasgow is usually scheduled to depart Scarborough around 06:30 and the last train is around 19:50. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Scarborough around 06:30, and the last at 22:07.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Scarborough to Glasgow train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Scarborough to Glasgow are £32.40.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £39 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £112. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Scarborough to Glasgow by train.
Which trains operate between Scarborough and Glasgow?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Scarborough to Glasgow, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- East Coast
- First TransPennine Express
- TransPennine Express
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Glasgow View all journeys to Glasgow
- From Skegness from £122.20
- From Wolverhampton from £16.00
- From Shipley (Yorks) from £21.50
- From Crewe from £12.00
- From Retford from £31.50
Image credits: © Gordon Saunders
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains