Travelling from Salisbury to Bath by train
The fastest trains from Salisbury to Bath take around 53 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 51 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Salisbury and Bath.
Direct trains run between Salisbury and Bath.
We usually find around 27 direct trains on the route from Salisbury to Bath every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 24 departures. The duration is normally about 53 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Bath is usually scheduled to depart Salisbury around 06:40 and the last train is around 21:41. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Salisbury around 06:40, and the last at 22:25.
When to book Salisbury to Bath train tickets?
The cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Salisbury to Bath are £11.00, and there isn't much difference in price depending on when you book.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £11, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Salisbury to Bath by train.
Which trains operate between Salisbury and Bath?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Salisbury to Bath, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- First Great Western
- Great Western Railway
- South West Trains
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Bath Spa View all journeys to Bath
- From Lancaster from £42.70
- From Didcot Parkway from £14.80
- From Brussels from £91.50
- From Milton Keynes Central from £37.00
- From Brighton from £13.50
- From Stockport from £46.30
- From Stratford-upon-Avon from £52.20
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains