Travelling from Rome to Terni by train
The fastest trains from Rome to Terni take around 44 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 76 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Rome and Terni.
Direct trains run between Rome and Terni.
We usually find around 31 direct trains on the route from Rome to Terni every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 27 departures. The duration is normally about 44 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Terni is usually scheduled to depart Rome around 05:25 and the last train is around 22:49. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Rome around 05:45, and the last at 22:49.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Rome to Terni train tickets?
The cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Rome to Terni are £6.10, and there isn't much difference in price depending on when you book.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £6, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains in Italy usually open for booking around 4 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Rome to Terni by train.
Which trains operate between Rome and Terni?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Rome to Terni, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Regionale Veloce
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains