Fastest journey1hr 26m
Travelling from Rome to Salerno by train
The fastest trains from Rome to Salerno take around 1 hour and 26 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 236 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Rome and Salerno.
Direct trains run between Rome and Salerno.
We usually find around 26 direct trains on the route from Rome to Salerno every weekday.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 28 departures. The duration is normally about 1 hour and 26 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Salerno is usually scheduled to depart Rome around 06:26 and the last train is around 23:17. This is the same at the weekend.
When to book Rome to Salerno train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Rome to Salerno are £12.10.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £18, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 4 and a half months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Rome to Salerno by train.
Which trains operate between Rome and Salerno?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Rome to Salerno, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Frecciarossa 1000
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Salerno View all journeys to Salerno
- From Venezia S. Lucia from £58.50
- From Vietri sul Mare-Amalfi from £1.10
- From Paestum from £2.70
- From Reggio di Calabria from £12.10
- From Naples from £4.30
- From Bologna Centrale from £28.30
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains