Fastest journey10hr 11m
Travelling from Rome to Paris by train
The fastest trains from Rome to Paris take around 10 hours and 11 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 1,106 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Rome and Paris.
Journeys between Rome and Paris usually involve one change of train.
We usually find around 37 departures on the route from Rome to Paris every weekday that leave enough time to change trains without waiting around for longer than necessary.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 34 departures. The duration is normally about 10 hours and 11 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest train to Paris is usually scheduled to depart Rome around 05:35 and the last train is around 23:43. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Rome around 06:00, and the last at 23:43.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Rome to Paris train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Rome to Paris are £44.60.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £81 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £137. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 4 and a half months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Rome to Paris by train.
Which trains operate between Rome and Paris?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Rome to Paris, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Frecciarossa 1000
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Paris View all journeys to Paris
- From Chur from £84.50
- From Hamburg Hbf from £55.00
- From Bayeux from £14.00
- From Selestat from £49.50
- From Bologna from £53.00
- From Rouen-Rive-Droite from £9.50
- From Granville from £18.50
- From Thonon-les-Bains from £23.00
- From Florence from £48.40
- From Dijon Ville from £37.00
- From Market Harborough from £67.50
- From Berlin from £45.50
- From Bradford Interchange from £137.10
- From Hereford from £110.00
- From Saintes from £39.00
- From Lens (France) from £16.50
- From Taunton from £92.00
- From Oulx-Cesana-Claviere-Sestriere from £26.50
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains