Travelling from Perth to Glasgow by train
The fastest trains from Perth to Glasgow take around 59 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 78 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Perth and Glasgow.
Direct trains run between Perth and Glasgow.
We usually find around 28 direct trains on the route from Perth to Glasgow every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 22 departures. The duration is normally about 59 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Glasgow is usually scheduled to depart Perth around 05:18 and the last train is around 22:38. This is the same at the weekend.
When to book Perth to Glasgow train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Perth to Glasgow are £7.70.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £16, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Perth to Glasgow by train.
Which trains operate between Perth and Glasgow?
ScotRail is the rail operator that operates on the route from Perth to Glasgow.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Glasgow View all journeys to Glasgow
- From Skegness from £122.20
- From Wolverhampton from £16.00
- From Crewe from £12.00
- From Motherwell from £3.90
Image credits: © Gordon Saunders
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains