Fastest journey1hr 5m
Travelling from Oxford to Bath by train
The fastest trains from Oxford to Bath take around 1 hour and 5 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 86 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Oxford and Bath.
Journeys between Oxford and Bath usually involve one change of train.
We usually find around 40 departures on the route from Oxford to Bath every weekday that leave enough time to change trains without waiting around for longer than necessary.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 64 departures. The duration is normally about 1 hour and 5 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest train to Bath is usually scheduled to depart Oxford around 05:42 and the last train is around 22:16. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Oxford around 06:42, and the last at 00:07.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Oxford to Bath train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Oxford to Bath are £11.00.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £17, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Oxford to Bath by train.
Which trains operate between Oxford and Bath?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Oxford to Bath, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- First Great Western
- Great Western Railway
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Image credits: © Andrew Emptage
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains