Travelling from Nottingham to Sheffield by train
The fastest trains from Nottingham to Sheffield take around 47 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 52 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Nottingham and Sheffield.
Direct trains run between Nottingham and Sheffield.
We usually find around 34 direct trains on the route from Nottingham to Sheffield every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 30 departures. The duration is normally about 47 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Sheffield is usually scheduled to depart Nottingham around 05:21 and the last train is around 21:46. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Nottingham around 05:20, and the last at 21:36.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Nottingham to Sheffield train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Nottingham to Sheffield are £5.20.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £5 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £6. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Nottingham to Sheffield by train.
Which trains operate between Nottingham and Sheffield?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Nottingham to Sheffield, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- East Midlands Trains
- Northern Rail
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Sheffield View all journeys to Sheffield
- From Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) from £31.50
- From Scarborough from £11.00
- From Grimsby Town from £7.40
- From Preston (Lancs) from £12.10
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains