Fastest journey5hr 6m
Travelling from Newcastle upon Tyne to Inverness by train
The fastest trains from Newcastle upon Tyne to Inverness take around 5 hours and 6 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 323 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Newcastle upon Tyne and Inverness.
Direct trains run between Newcastle upon Tyne and Inverness.
We usually find at least one direct train on the route from Newcastle upon Tyne to Inverness every weekday.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 3 departures. The duration is normally about 5 hours and 6 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the only direct train to Inverness is usually scheduled to depart Newcastle upon Tyne around 14:55. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Newcastle upon Tyne around 13:05, and the last at 15:02.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Newcastle upon Tyne to Inverness train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Newcastle upon Tyne to Inverness are £28.10.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £54 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £42. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Newcastle upon Tyne to Inverness by train.
Which trains operate between Newcastle upon Tyne and Inverness?
East Coast is the rail operator that operates on the route from Newcastle upon Tyne to Inverness.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Inverness View all journeys to Inverness
- From Glasgow from £8.10
- From Forres from £8.90
- From Dundee from £14.30
- From Perth from £8.70
- From Invergordon from £17.80
- From Newark North Gate from £60.00
- From Chesterfield from £67.80
- From Birmingham from £22.00
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains