Fastest journey2hr 48m
Travelling from Munich to Mannheim by train
The fastest trains from Munich to Mannheim take around 2 hours and 48 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 271 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Munich and Mannheim.
Direct trains run between Munich and Mannheim.
We usually find around 41 direct trains on the route from Munich to Mannheim every weekday.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 44 departures. The duration is normally about 2 hours and 48 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Mannheim is usually scheduled to depart Munich around 05:24 and the last train is around 00:01. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Munich around 05:24, and the last at 00:09.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Munich to Mannheim train tickets?
The cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Munich to Mannheim are £27.50, and there isn't much difference in price depending on when you book.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £27, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 6 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Munich to Mannheim by train.
Which trains operate between Munich and Mannheim?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Munich to Mannheim, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Eurocity (EC)
- Intercity-Express (ICE)
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Mannheim View all journeys to Mannheim
- From Ashford International from £101.50
- From Hausach from £25.50
- From Stuttgart Hbf from £18.50
- From London from £63.50
- From Freilassing from £23.00
- From Koblenz Hbf from £27.50
- From Neustadt Hbf (Weinstr) from £10.00
- From Saarbrücken Hbf from £18.50
- From Boppard Hbf from £18.50
- From Essen Hbf from £36.50
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains