Fastest journey3hr 55m
Travelling from Munich to Berlin by train
The fastest trains from Munich to Berlin take around 3 hours and 55 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 504 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Munich and Berlin.
Direct trains run between Munich and Berlin.
We usually find around 40 direct trains on the route from Munich to Berlin every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 38 departures. The duration is normally about 3 hours and 55 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Berlin is usually scheduled to depart Munich around 05:15 and the last train is around 21:51. This is the same at the weekend.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Munich to Berlin train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Munich to Berlin are £18.50.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £42 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £82. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 6 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Munich to Berlin by train.
Which trains operate between Munich and Berlin?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Munich to Berlin, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Intercity-Express (ICE)
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Berlin View all journeys to Berlin
- From Jena Paradies from £18.00
- From Dessau Hbf from £18.50
- From Osnabrück Hbf from £18.50
- From Kehl from £27.50
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains