Fastest journey1hr 42m
Travelling from Montpellier to Lyon by train
The fastest trains from Montpellier to Lyon take around 1 hour and 42 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 246 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Montpellier and Lyon.
Direct trains run between Montpellier and Lyon.
We usually find around 36 direct trains on the route from Montpellier to Lyon every weekday.
Trains usually run with a similar frequency on weekends. The duration is normally about 1 hour and 42 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Lyon is usually scheduled to depart Montpellier around 06:56 and the last train is around 20:07. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Montpellier around 06:58, and the last at 20:07.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Montpellier to Lyon train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Montpellier to Lyon are £18.50.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £37 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £44. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 5 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Montpellier to Lyon by train.
Which trains operate between Montpellier and Lyon?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Montpellier to Lyon, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- TGV Duplex
- TGV Est
- TGV Nord
- TGV Sud-Est
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Lyon View all journeys to Lyon
- From Colmar from £31.00
- From Ashford International from £54.50
- From Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) from £141.00
- From Brussels from £50.00
- From Chamonix from £40.00
- From Meximieux-Perouges from £7.50
- From Newcastle from £147.00
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains