Fastest journey5hr 23m
Travelling from Milan to Lyon by train
The fastest trains from Milan to Lyon take around 5 hours and 23 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 339 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Milan and Lyon.
Direct trains run between Milan and Lyon.
We usually find at least one direct train on the route from Milan to Lyon every weekday.
Trains usually run with a similar frequency on weekends. The duration is normally about 5 hours and 23 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the only direct train to Lyon is usually scheduled to depart Milan around 14:40. At weekends the only direct train usually departs Milan around 08:12.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Milan to Lyon train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Milan to Lyon are £26.50.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £61 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £57. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 5 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Milan to Lyon by train.
Which trains operate between Milan and Lyon?
TGV is the rail operator that operates on the route from Milan to Lyon.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Lyon View all journeys to Lyon
- From Colmar from £31.00
- From Ashford International from £54.50
- From Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) from £141.00
- From Brussels from £50.00
- From Chamonix from £40.00
- From Meximieux-Perouges from £7.50
- From Newcastle from £147.00
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains