Fastest journey1hr 6m
Travelling from Manchester to Shrewsbury by train
The fastest trains from Manchester to Shrewsbury take around 1 hour and 6 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 91 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Manchester and Shrewsbury.
Direct trains run between Manchester and Shrewsbury.
We usually find around 17 direct trains on the route from Manchester to Shrewsbury every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 14 departures. The duration is normally about 1 hour and 6 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Shrewsbury is usually scheduled to depart Manchester around 06:30 and the last train is around 22:36. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Manchester around 06:30, and the last at 22:35.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Manchester to Shrewsbury train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Manchester to Shrewsbury are £11.50.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £11 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £15. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Manchester to Shrewsbury by train.
Which trains operate between Manchester and Shrewsbury?
Arriva Trains Wales is the rail operator that operates on the route from Manchester to Shrewsbury.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Shrewsbury View all journeys to Shrewsbury
- From Wolverhampton from £10.00
- From Oxford from £24.10
- From Bristol from £26.00
- From Exeter St David's from £42.00
- From Newport (South Wales) from £20.00
- From Birmingham International Airport from £15.00
- From Stoke-on-Trent from £17.70
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains