Travelling from Manchester to Durham by train
The fastest trains from Manchester to Durham take around 2 hours, covering a distance of approximately 151 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Manchester and Durham.
Direct trains run between Manchester and Durham.
We usually find around 25 direct trains on the route from Manchester to Durham every weekday.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 35 departures. The duration is normally about 2 hours, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Durham is usually scheduled to depart Manchester around 04:37 and the last train is around 21:11. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Manchester around 04:37, and the last at 21:12.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Manchester to Durham train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Manchester to Durham are £18.50.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £31 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £28. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Manchester to Durham by train.
Which trains operate between Manchester and Durham?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Manchester to Durham, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- First TransPennine Express
- TransPennine Express
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Durham View all journeys to Durham
- From Peterborough from £35.00
- From Stevenage from £43.50
- From Birmingham from £43.90
- From Crewe from £79.10
- From Preston (Lancs) from £67.20
- From Darlington from £5.50
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains