Travelling from Madrid to Ciudad Real by train
The fastest trains from Madrid to Ciudad Real take around 50 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 160 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Madrid and Ciudad Real.
Direct trains run between Madrid and Ciudad Real.
We usually find around 22 direct trains on the route from Madrid to Ciudad Real every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 16 departures. The duration is normally about 50 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Ciudad Real is usually scheduled to depart Madrid around 06:20 and the last train is around 22:15. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Madrid around 07:00, and the last at 22:15.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Madrid to Ciudad Real train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Madrid to Ciudad Real are £26.00.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £24 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £14. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 4 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Madrid to Ciudad Real by train.
Which trains operate between Madrid and Ciudad Real?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Madrid to Ciudad Real, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- AV City
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains