Travelling from Leicester to Sheffield by train
The fastest trains from Leicester to Sheffield take around 57 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 86 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Leicester and Sheffield.
Direct trains run between Leicester and Sheffield.
We usually find around 29 direct trains on the route from Leicester to Sheffield every weekday.
Trains are typically more frequent on weekends, when we found around 56 departures. The duration is normally about 57 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Sheffield is usually scheduled to depart Leicester around 07:12 and the last train is around 23:59. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Leicester around 07:12, and the last at 00:06.
When to book Leicester to Sheffield train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Leicester to Sheffield are £15.50.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £18 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £22. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Leicester to Sheffield by train.
Which trains operate between Leicester and Sheffield?
East Midlands Trains is the rail operator that operates on the route from Leicester to Sheffield.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Sheffield View all journeys to Sheffield
- From Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) from £31.50
- From Chelmsford from £29.50
- From Scarborough from £11.00
- From Southampton Central from £31.00
- From Grantham from £5.80
- From Liverpool from £9.50
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains