Travelling from Leeds to Manchester by train
The fastest trains from Leeds to Manchester take around 49 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 58 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Leeds and Manchester.
Direct trains run between Leeds and Manchester.
We usually find around 66 direct trains on the route from Leeds to Manchester every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 58 departures. The duration is normally about 49 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Manchester is usually scheduled to depart Leeds around 04:49 and the last train is around 23:35. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Leeds around 04:49, and the last at 23:47.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Leeds to Manchester train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Leeds to Manchester are £3.50.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £3 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £4. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Leeds to Manchester by train.
Which trains operate between Leeds and Manchester?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Leeds to Manchester, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- First TransPennine Express
- TransPennine Express
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Manchester View all journeys to Manchester
- From Carlisle from £11.00
- From Liverpool South Parkway from £3.20
- From Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) from £13.50
- From Glasgow from £13.50
- From Macclesfield from £2.50
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains