Fastest journey4hr 58m
Travelling from Inverness to Newcastle upon Tyne by train
The fastest trains from Inverness to Newcastle upon Tyne take around 4 hours and 58 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 323 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Inverness and Newcastle upon Tyne.
Direct trains run between Inverness and Newcastle upon Tyne.
We usually find at least one direct train on the route from Inverness to Newcastle upon Tyne every weekday.
Trains usually run with a similar frequency on weekends. The duration is normally about 4 hours and 58 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the only direct train to Newcastle upon Tyne is usually scheduled to depart Inverness around 07:55. At weekends the only direct train usually departs Inverness around 07:55.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Inverness to Newcastle upon Tyne train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Inverness to Newcastle upon Tyne are £15.80.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £38 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £103. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Inverness to Newcastle upon Tyne by train.
Which trains operate between Inverness and Newcastle upon Tyne?
East Coast is the rail operator that operates on the route from Inverness to Newcastle upon Tyne.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Newcastle View all journeys to Newcastle upon Tyne
- From Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) from £10.20
- From London from £20.00
- From Cambridge from £24.70
- From High Wycombe from £63.00
- From Manchester from £19.50
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains