Fastest journey3hr 7m
Travelling from Hamburg to Düsseldorf by train
The fastest trains from Hamburg to Düsseldorf take around 3 hours and 7 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 339 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Hamburg and Düsseldorf.
Direct trains run between Hamburg and Düsseldorf.
We usually find around 22 direct trains on the route from Hamburg to Düsseldorf every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 19 departures. The duration is normally about 3 hours and 7 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Düsseldorf is usually scheduled to depart Hamburg around 04:38 and the last train is around 22:46. This is the same at the weekend.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Hamburg to Düsseldorf train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Hamburg to Düsseldorf are £18.50.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £33 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £18. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in Germany usually open for booking around 6 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Hamburg to Düsseldorf by train.
Which trains operate between Hamburg and Düsseldorf?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Hamburg to Düsseldorf, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Eurocity (EC)
- Intercity-Express (ICE)
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Düsseldorf View all journeys to Düsseldorf
- From Koblenz Hbf from £18.00
- From Bielefeld Hbf from £18.00
- From Prague hl.n from £45.00
- From Vienna from £73.50
- From Bad Schandau from £22.50
- From Arth-Goldau from £36.00
- From Darmstadt Hbf from £18.00
- From Bochum Hbf from £13.50
- From Arnhem from £23.00
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains