Travelling from Glasgow to Ayr by train
The fastest trains from Glasgow to Ayr take around 47 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 51 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Glasgow and Ayr.
Direct trains run between Glasgow and Ayr.
We usually find around 58 direct trains on the route from Glasgow to Ayr every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 39 departures. The duration is normally about 47 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Ayr is usually scheduled to depart Glasgow around 06:00 and the last train is around 00:15. This is the same at the weekend.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Glasgow to Ayr train tickets?
The cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Glasgow to Ayr are £8.70, and there isn't much difference in price depending on when you book.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £8, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Glasgow to Ayr by train.
Which trains operate between Glasgow and Ayr?
ScotRail is the rail operator that operates on the route from Glasgow to Ayr.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Ayr View all journeys to Ayr
- From Stirling from £8.20
- From Southampton Central from £74.50
- From Stranraer from £8.90
- From London from £32.00
- From Perth from £14.70
- From Leeds from £21.50
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains