Fastest journey2hr 49m
Travelling from Genoa to Florence by train
The fastest trains from Genoa to Florence take around 2 hours and 49 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 198 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Genoa and Florence.
Journeys between Genoa and Florence usually involve one change of train.
We usually find around 37 departures on the route from Genoa to Florence every weekday that leave enough time to change trains without waiting around for longer than necessary.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 36 departures. The duration is normally about 2 hours and 49 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest train to Florence is usually scheduled to depart Genoa around 05:10 and the last train is around 23:57. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Genoa around 05:10, and the last at 00:02.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Genoa to Florence train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Genoa to Florence are £9.20.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £17, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 6 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Genoa to Florence by train.
Which trains operate between Genoa and Florence?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Genoa to Florence, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Frecciarossa 1000
- IC Notte
- Regionale Veloce
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Florence View all journeys to Florence
- From Palermo Centrale from £53.40
- From S. Vincenzo from £12.60
- From Lille from £83.70
- From Chiavari from £17.00
- From Empoli from £4.20
- From Zurich HB from £48.50
- From Desenzano del Garda-Sirmione from £32.40
- From La Spezia Migliarina from £12.60
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerpen trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- London to Verona trains