Travelling from Frankfurt am Main to Mainz by train
The fastest trains from Frankfurt am Main to Mainz take around 31 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 31 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Frankfurt am Main and Mainz.
Direct trains run between Frankfurt am Main and Mainz.
We usually find around 42 direct trains on the route from Frankfurt am Main to Mainz every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 35 departures. The duration is normally about 31 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Mainz is usually scheduled to depart Frankfurt am Main around 05:42 and the last train is around 00:17. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Frankfurt am Main around 04:47, and the last at 00:13.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Frankfurt am Main to Mainz train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Frankfurt am Main to Mainz are £10.00.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £11, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains in Germany usually open for booking around 6 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Frankfurt am Main to Mainz by train.
Which trains operate between Frankfurt am Main and Mainz?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Frankfurt am Main to Mainz, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Intercity-Express (ICE)
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Mainz Hbf View all journeys to Mainz
- From Zurich HB from £36.00
- From Ulm Hbf from £18.00
- From Amsterdam Centraal from £22.50
- From Bingen am Rhein Hbf from £10.00
- From Hamburg Hbf from £18.50
- From Salzburg from £18.00
- From Basel from £37.00
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains