Travelling from Ferrara to Bologna by train
The fastest trains from Ferrara to Bologna take around 24 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 43 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Ferrara and Bologna.
Direct trains run between Ferrara and Bologna.
We usually find around 41 direct trains on the route from Ferrara to Bologna every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 36 departures. The duration is normally about 24 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Bologna is usually scheduled to depart Ferrara around 04:20 and the last train is around 22:12. This is the same at the weekend.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Ferrara to Bologna train tickets?
The cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Ferrara to Bologna are £4.40, and there isn't much difference in price depending on when you book.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £4, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains for this journey usually open for booking around 5 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Ferrara to Bologna by train.
Which trains operate between Ferrara and Bologna?
More than one type of train operates on the route from Ferrara to Bologna, so you’ll be travelling with one or more of the following rail operators:
- Frecciarossa 1000
- IC Notte
- Regionale Veloce
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Bologna View all journeys to Bologna
- From Reggio Emilia from £5.50
- From Geneva from £50.00
- From Arth-Goldau from £41.00
- From Nice from £42.30
- From Dijon Ville from £97.60
- From La Spezia Centrale from £21.90
- From Cambridge from £261.00
- From Voghera from £26.90
- From Castel S. Pietro Terme from £2.80
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- London to Geneva trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Nice trains
- London to Bruges trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains