Fastest journey6hr 28m
Travelling from Dundee to Birmingham by train
The fastest trains from Dundee to Birmingham take around 6 hours and 28 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 448 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Dundee and Birmingham.
Direct trains run between Dundee and Birmingham.
We usually find around 3 direct trains on the route from Dundee to Birmingham every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found at least one departure. The duration is normally about 6 hours and 28 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Birmingham is usually scheduled to depart Dundee around 06:32 and the last train is around 09:34. At weekends the only direct train usually departs Dundee around 06:32.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Dundee to Birmingham train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Dundee to Birmingham are £48.00.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £60, and when booking 7 days in advance the price is usually the same. Booking on the day of travel may be more expensive.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Dundee to Birmingham by train.
Which trains operate between Dundee and Birmingham?
CrossCountry is the rail operator that operates on the route from Dundee to Birmingham.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Birmingham View all journeys to Birmingham
- From Norwich from £14.50
- From Loughborough from £20.70
- From Barnstaple from £33.90
- From Crewe from £7.00
- From Oxford from £11.80
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- London to Brussels trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- London to Verona trains