Fastest journey1hr 31m
Travelling from Cambridgeshire to Leicester by train
The fastest trains from Cambridgeshire to Leicester take around 1 hour and 31 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 98 kilometres. There are frequent services on the rail route between Cambridgeshire and Leicester.
Direct trains run between Cambridgeshire and Leicester.
We usually find around 16 direct trains on the route from Cambridgeshire to Leicester every weekday.
There are typically fewer departures at weekends, when we found around 13 departures. The duration is normally about 1 hour and 31 minutes, whatever time you make the journey.
On weekdays the earliest direct train to Leicester is usually scheduled to depart Cambridgeshire around 05:30 and the last train is around 21:15. At weekends the first train of the day leaves Cambridgeshire around 05:30, and the last at 20:15.
Route map is indicative only and may differ from the optimal route. Actual routes will be displayed when searching.
When to book Cambridgeshire to Leicester train tickets?
The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Cambridgeshire to Leicester are £9.30.
Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around £9 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around £11. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking around 3 months in advance. If booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Cambridgeshire to Leicester by train.
Which trains operate between Cambridgeshire and Leicester?
CrossCountry is the rail operator that operates on the route from Cambridgeshire to Leicester.
You can check which train you’ll be travelling on by looking for the train name in search results.
Other journeys to Leicester View all journeys to Leicester
- From Hounslow from £18.50
- From York from £18.00
- From Leighton Buzzard from £19.50
- From Birmingham International Airport from £7.00
- From Gravesend from £22.00
- From Shrewsbury from £17.00
- From Northampton from £19.50
- From Wellingborough from £16.50
- London to Brussels trains
- Reading to Bournemouth trains
- Paris to Milan trains
- Florence to Verona trains
- Glasgow to Coventry trains
- Brussels to Amsterdam trains
- Bordeaux to Marseille trains
- Amsterdam to London trains
- Milan to Florence trains
- Darlington to Birmingham trains
- Milan to Pisa trains
- London to Geneva trains
- London to Munich trains
- Barcelona to Bilbao-Abando trains
- London to Florence trains
- Leeds to Stevenage trains
- Lyon to Barcelona trains
- Milan to Trieste Centrale trains
- London to Bruges trains
- London to Nice trains
- Brussels to London trains
- Madrid to Barcelona trains
- Brussels to Cologne trains
- Bilbao-Abando to Madrid trains
- Madrid to Seville trains
- Zurich to Milan trains
- Madrid to Bilbao-Abando trains
- Munich to Venice trains
- Riomaggiore to Rome trains
- Venice to Verona trains
- London to Amsterdam trains
- London to Stuttgart trains
- Verona to Milan trains
- Milan to Bergamo trains
- Paris to Prague trains
- Milan to Rome trains
- London to Antwerp trains
- Reading to Bath Spa trains
- Paris to Toulouse trains
- London to Salzburg trains
- Middlesbrough to Edinburgh (Waverley, city centre) trains
- Plymouth to Birmingham trains
- Naples to Palermo Centrale trains
- Brussels to Rotterdam trains
- Paris to Zurich trains
- London to Rotterdam trains
- Geneva to Milan trains
- Ipswich to Norwich trains
- Pisa to Bologna trains
- Munich to Salzburg trains
- Brussels to Vienna trains
- Grantham to York trains
- London to Copenhagen trains
- London to Bordeaux trains
- Berlin to Warsaw trains
- Birmingham to High Wycombe trains
- Brussels to Berlin trains
- Milan to Bari S. Spirito trains
- Paris to Amsterdam trains
- London to Verona trains